Sunday, May 24, 2009

FINALLY!!! A BIKE I WILL KEEP!!!

I picked up a bike today from a man in Pacifica. He was asking $550 but I managed to give the first offer for $500.

I went to his house and he had a couple nice bikes in his collection including a lightspeed and cerevelo. He was selling this beautiful 2003 Trek 1200 because his son did not catch on to cycling.
Photobucket
He changed a lot of stuff on the bike including:
- The top of the line Shimano Mountain biking XTR cables
- Specialized Body Comfort seat.
- Clipless pedals W/ Nike size 10 cycling shoes!
- Longer stem
Photobucket
He REALLY cleaned up the rear gears and took off the plastic protector. I really love the look.
Photobucket
It has Tiagra components all around which I was really looking forward to. The brakes do not have the Tiagra inscribed on them, but I am sure they are the original brakes.
Photobucket
I am loving the looks and feel of the bike. I am content with my purchase so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment