Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Monterey-PG- Marina-Almost to Castroville

I woke up this morning at 8:30 and decided to go on a long bike ride due to eating to much here at my Nana's house. I put my Trek in the trunk and head over to Pacific St in Monterey. I did not want to bike out of Carmel because theres just too many steep hills. I parked on the side of the road and assembled my bike. I then biked down to the Fisherman's wharf where I catch the trail to Lovers Point. I stop at the end to stretch before my long ride.

I start heading towards Seaside. I take a path off the scenic path to go into the State park. BAD IDEA! There was so many hills between Seaside and Marina in the State park. I continue into Marina and pass the Best Buy and REI. I make it to the Walmart in Marina but decide to just keep going towards Castroville. The bike path to Castroville after Walmart was just too boring. It was just flat road through the harvest field. I make my way all the way to the hwy overpass and just decide to go back. I believe Castroville was not that far away from where I started to head back.

The way back was hilly, but not that steep. There were a couple straightaways where I was able to get some water. Seaside back to the car was a piece of cake. I shall just try to go to Castroville next time.

31 MILES

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment